LOCATION: Newport Coast Elementary, 6655 Ridge Park Rd,
Newport Beach, CA 92657
DATES: March 18th – June 3rd
TIME: 12:00 – 1:15 pm
AGES: Pre K – 2nd Grade
Clinics will provide an introduction to the fundamentals of baseball, such as throwing, catching, and batting. We believe tee-ball offers children a tremendous opportunity to improve their hand-eye coordination.
Warm-Up: (5-10 minutes)
Warm-ups will include plyometric and strength conditioning exercises, such as resistance running, ladder drill, and dot drill. These exercises are designed to increase overall speed, agility, and coordination.
Instructional Portion: (25-35 minutes)
Clinics will provide an introduction to the fundamentals of baseball, such as throwing, catching, and batting.
Structured Scrimmage: (25-40 minutes)
Children will split into teams and participate in a controlled scrimmage designed to help your child implement the skills they are working on in a real game situation.
Things they Learn
- Introduction to the rules of baseball
- Basic introduction to the various positions within baseball positions
- Throwing mechanics
- Proper arm and body motion
- Improved catching confidence
- Catching with your hands
- Catching with a glove
- Fielding fundamental (ground, line drives, and fly-balls)
- Base running
- Improved body control, proper running technique, and hand-eye coordination (agility)
- Where to stand in relation to the plate
- Batting stance
- Swinging correctly